Follow these simple steps:
- When leaving your vehicle, make sure the visible interior is empty. Lock parcels and other valuables in the trunk.
- Remove your stereo’s faceplate and take it with you whenever you leave your vehicle. If this option isn’t possible, consider investing in a vehicle anti-theft device like a vehicle alarm.
- Never leave your vehicle running and unattended, even with the car locked.
- Always shut windows tightly and lock all doors.
- Don’t leave a set of keys in the vehicle and don’t mark your keys with personal identification or your vehicle’s licence plate number.
- Don’t leave your vehicle registration in your car.
- Avoid parking your vehicle in dark areas or near trees or fences, which provide hiding places for thieves.
- Always keep your vehicle inside the garage, if you have one. Keep all doors and windows of both the vehicle and garage shut and locked.
Make it as hard and time-consuming as possible for a thief to break into or steal your vehicle. This may not always deter a criminal, but thieves usually pick quick and easy targets.
Originally posted on www.sgi.sk.ca